Information We Collect
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you do one or more of the following:
- Use our website(s);
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us using a variety of methods (e.g., submitting a form or emailing us directly).
Personal Information we request may include your email address, name, business address and business and/or personal telephone number. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your business or company information, age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
We may collect information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with our websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one source may be combined with information we obtain through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as product safety information, your transaction status including order confirmations, information about particular programs in which you have chosen to participate, information about products and services available from us and our partners, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications from our Business Partners, especially in those cases where our Business Partners are able to provide additinal assistance per your request;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our website(s), our business(es), or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
- Personal Information collected by ParksideTech will be stored and processed by ParksideTech solely in the United States;
- Any Personal Inforamtion collected by any Business Partners shall be stored and processed whever such Business Partners maintain facilities.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with Business Partners to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business more responsive to your needs. These communications may include requests relating to ParksideTech or ParksideTech-branded products or services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes set forth by ParksideTech.
In addition, we may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sales agents (“Channel Partners”), for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for our products and services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if ParksideTech is sold or merges with another company; or if ParksideTech reasonably believes it is necessary to protect ourselves, our customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
How You Can Access Your Information
We want to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, please send a written request to email@example.com or the postal address provided on the Contact Us page of our website.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences and Opting Out of Marketing
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
Any marketing by us, or any third parties on behalf of us, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include where applicable methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set forth above). Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. Because some promotions are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive solicitations after we receive your preference request.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
ParksideTech takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep personal information secure; and
- where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
We take children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 through our websites. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our websites and services that depend on cookies.
“Do Not Track” Signals
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags (also called “clear” gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalize your experience on our websites and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Revision Date: 20 August 2018